Thursday, March 11, 2010

Update of the Spencer's Life





















It has been awhile since I blogged so here I go updating over the past couple of months! Posted are a couple of pictures of the kids showing off some of their valentine's treats. We had a great Valentine's as we celebred Jane's birthday with family (a month late) and then Bryan and I spent the day and night at a resort in Scottsdale. We startd with massages and then had a great time hanging out together. The kids spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa Kevin and Jeanne. All that Jane wanted for her birthday was to have a horse party and that we did. She never failed to mention that she wanted a horse also and that she got! We decorated with my little pony and we bought her a radio flyer horse that she can ride on, feed a plastic carrott and comb the hair. She loved it and was so fun to see the look on her face when we brought it in! She enjoyed her day celebrating with family and friends.
We had the great joy of having my dad come and stay with us for a couple of weeks as he had a pituitary tumor removed by one of the top neuro surgeons, Dr. White. The day before surgery, I was blessed with the knowledge by God to pass my certification exam! Now I can officially call myself a certified nurse practitioner with my initials to follow; Jeri Spencer, RN, MSN, FNP-C. Dad's surgery went well and he was restored his lost vision, praise God! It has been neat to see how God has used our living here for my Dad to have had this surgery done. I really feel that God placed my job hunt on hold (not allowing me to get a job) so that my Dad could come here and safely have the surgery done. As hard as it is at times to trust God's plan, he ultimately is in control and what a better place to be but in the passenger's seat. My prayers are that God will keep on driving for our family! We all were blessed with my Dad's presence and we truely enjoyed loving on him and serving him while he was here. We miss you lots Dad!
Last but not least, it is hard to believe that I turned 30 on March 4th!! I feel soooo old even though I am told that the 30's and 40's are the best years! We went out to dinner with Uncle Mike, Aunt Barb and my dad to celebrate at the Japaneese restraunt that cooks in front of you. Jane definetly was not impressed however, Wyatt was! We were all soaked, literally, from attempts to drink Saki from the chef as he squirted it into our mouths!! We had fun and the video of of Jane and Wyatt singing me happy birthday!
That is all for now. Continue to pray with us that God will open up the doors for the job that he wants me to have a this time which equals where he wants us to live!
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." Psalm 32:8










1 comment:

Leah said...

I can't believe how big they are getting. Miss you all!!!